B-HIT Berlin Harvesting and Indexing Toolkit
Check out our publication on B-HIT : [Kelbert et al. 2015 PloS ONE].
B-HIT is based on the GBIF HIT and used to harvest data for GGBN, BiNHum and WorldFloraOnline. The old documentation from GBIF can be accessed here.
It has been actively extended for the BiNHum and GGBN project, in order to support:
- multiple identifications (without duplication)
- unit associations
- extented multimedia fields
- Supported schema and protocols:
- ABCD: 2.06, 2.1, EFG, GGBN, GGBN Enviro, ABCD - Archive
- DwC: DwC 1.0, 1.4, 1.4-Geospatial, 1.4-Curatorial, MaNIS 1.0, MaNIS 1.21, DwC Archive, DwC GGBN
Also, the technology got updated for security issues (latest Java Spring).
The latest version can be downloaded from our svn http://ww2.biocase.org/svn/binhum/trunk/BinHum/Harvester/
Table of Contents
- Beginner's Guide
- What B-HIT is all about.
- How to install and use it.
- Indexed fields
- Detailed list of ABCD and DwC fields that are indexed.
- How the database is organized, how/why/what and where.
- Edit the parser, index new elements
- How to add new elements in the index and how to edit the parser
- Fiew debugs hints