This is the Documentation Wiki of the BioCASe Provider Software. Here you will find tutorials on how to install, configure and debug the BioCASe Provider Software. More detailed information on BioCASe can be found in the Beginner's Guide and on the BioCASe homepage.http://www.biocase.org) and the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (http://www.gbif.org). After installing BioCASe and configuring it for a given database, the published information will be accessible as a BioCASe web service, which means it can be retrieved with BioCASe protocol requests.
Please get in contact with the BioCASe Support if you
- have any questions concerning BioCASe in general or the installation/configuration of the Provider Software,
- want to file a bug report,
- have any comments, or
- want to make a suggestion for a useful new feature in upcoming versions.
You can either
- use the Discussion tab of each page to leave us a comment,
- use the form on the Contact page to send us a message,
- or directly mail us to the address given on the Contact page.
Table of Contents
- Beginner's Guide
- What the Provider Software is all about.
- Things to be considered when publishing a database with BioCASe and potential preparatory steps needed.
- Tutorial on how to install the BioCASe Provider Software.
- Datasource Setup
- How to set up a new BioCASe web service (aka data source).
- ABCD2 Mapping
- Tutorial on mapping ABCD2.
- Common ABCD2 Concepts
- List of mandatory, recommended and commonly used ABCD2 elements.
- Sample ABCD2 Document
- Example ABCD2 document of a comprehensively mapped data provider.
- Debugging Tutorial
- Instructions on how to debug a BioCASe web service.
- Learn how to create ABCD Archives or DarwinCore Archives of your published data.
- List of terms and abbreviations used in this documentation.
- List of frequently asked questions and hopefully helpful answers.
- Version History
- Change list of current and past versions of the BioCASe Provider Software.