B-HIT [BiNHum|Berlin|BGBM]-Harvesting and Indexing Toolkit
B-HIT is based on the GBIF HIT. The old documentation from GBIF can be accessed here.
It has been actively extended for the BiNHum project, in order to support:
- multiple identifications (without duplication)
- unit associations
- extented multimedia fields
- Supported schema and protocols:
- ABCD: 2.06, 2.1, EFG, GGBN, GGBN Enviro, ABCD - Archive
- DwC: DwC 1.0, 1.4, 1.4-Geospatial, 1.4-Curatorial, MaNIS 1.0, MaNIS 1.21, DwC Archive, DwC GGBN
Also, the technology got updated for security issues (latest Java Spring).
The latest version can be downloaded from our svn http://ww2.biocase.org/svn/binhum/trunk/BinHum/Harvester/
Table of Contents
- Beginner's Guide
- What B-HIT is all about.
- How to install and use it.
- Indexed fields
- Detailed list of ABCD and DwC fields that are indexed.